Ways to Help
Volunteers are the lifeblood of GPAN. There are myriad ways you can help us help greyhounds, including:
- Foster a greyhound that has just arrived from the track. CLICK HERE to fill out a foster application and to learn more about fostering.
- Invest in a 401(Grey) Foster Dog Sponsorship. As a 401(Grey) Investor, you'll be sponsoring a dog awaiting adoption. Your name will appear on our website, adoptables boards and you'll be featured on our Yahoo list. More importantly, your $50 investment will help us help more adoptable hounds.
- Drive your SUVs or van to help pick up dogs from adoption agencies or transport broken-legged hounds to the veterinary orthopedist in Memphis.
- Sign up to help at Meet and Greets and special events.
- Identify a site for a new Meet and Greet and take the lead for its regular occurrence.
- Train to do home visits and to support new adopters.
- Pitch in with all manner of clerical tasks, telephone follow-up, proofreading, data input, etc.
- Introduce others to greyhound adoption by taking your hound to animal-friendly events.
- Distribute signs and brochures promoting greyhound adoption at libraries, stores, your work or house of worship.
- Chair or help plan a special event such as our picnic or Winter Gathering or work at the event by taking a shift at the sign-in table, food table, help with clean up or assist with foster dogs.
- Learn to trim and Dremel dog nails and provide this service at Meet and Greets and events. Each nail trim nets the group $5 per dog.
For more information give us a call at (615) 269-4088 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.