Register now for GPAN's Winter Gathering, 1-4 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 22. at MTSU's Livestock Center, 1720 Greenland Drive, Murfreesboro.
When you pay in advance, you skip the check-in line and speed your entrance to the center where vendors, food, games and the races await. Admission is $5 per person/$15 per family and $2 per dog. Click here to register. Proceeds from the Winter Gathering go into the fund from which GPAN pays for the care of track-injured dogs.
Fun for All
- Shopping at the GPAN tent featuring collars, coats plus greyhound ornaments.
- A silent auction of must-have greyhound items.
- Games and prizes.
- Muzzled hounds romping in the open arena. (Need a muzzle? The GPAN tent has them to buy.)
- Kelly Hall's craft booth where you can decorate tiles with your hounds' footprints on them.
- Vendors like Coach Potato, Greytwear (30% of proceeds support GPAN) and GPA Emerald Coast.
- The chance to tour the Birmingham adoption program's new dog hauler whose purchase GPAN helped underwrite.
- A drawing for a handcrafted, octagonal dog bed made of repurposed wool sweaters. It's ultra cushy and XXL.
- The 3 p.m. fun run with prizes.
A Little Help from Friends
Fun = food, so please bring a snack to share. Think a bucket of KFC, pizza, submarine sandwiches, cookies, fruit and self-serve snacks. GPAN provides water, soda and coffee.
GPAN is an all-volunteer organization, so we're always looking for folks like you to help with set up, tear down and other short-term tasks at the Winter Gathering. Contact KATHY HOERSTING to lend a hand.
This is a sight-hound only event. Please leave other-breed dogs at home. By order of the livestock center, dogs are no longer allowed in the bleachers. An area is reserved inside the arena for lawn chairs, xpens and blankets. But who has time to sit down? There's too much fun going on.
Some Recent Adoptions
Congratulations to Coal who was recently adopted by Hunter Hayes
Congratulations to Ivy who was recently adopted by Sarah & Aaron
Congratulations to Mikey who was recently adopted by Caleb & Della
Congratulations to Sally And Gibbs who were recently adopted by Tim & Blair