Why Adopt through GPA/Nashville?
Dogs adopted through GPA/Nashville have had the following services:
- Dental cleaning*
- Heartworm testing
- CBC blood panel testing for anomalies such as tick-born illness
- Nail trimming
- Current rabies and DHPPL vaccinations
- 3-9 weeks of fostering in the homes of experienced foster families**
Each dog comes with:
- 6 months of heartworm preventative
- Microchip for identification
- Star ID tag with 1-800 number call service
- Martingale collar and leash
- Racing muzzle
- At least a week's worth of dog food
- Adoption packet containing valuable resources such as coupons and publications that will help you better understand your greyhound's unique needs while also assist you in helping your dog adjust to his new life as a pet
- Support of the largest greyhound adoption community in Nashville
*Senior dogs that have been returned may not have dental cleaning done if the vet determines anesthesia is risky for the hound.
**%98 of GPA/Nashville dogs have been learning home skills in foster care for 3 weeks or more. Our 15+ years of experience in greyhound adoption has demonstrated that the dogs are best served by moving to their permanent homes when they are ready. This ensures that they form strong emotional bonds with their adoptive families rather than with foster families. However, every dog is different. Those that need more time in foster care get it.
Adopter's ExperiencesWe couldn’t have had a better experience with our adoption. We had been talking about adding a dog to our house for quite a while since we both grew up with dogs as part of our family. A friend recommended checking out greyhound adoption and we started following the Facebook page and the blogs on the website. We attended a few meet and greets and really enjoyed talking to the diverse group of volunteers about greyhounds and the adoption process. Everyone we talked to was very knowledgeable more...
Some Recent Adoptions
Congratulations to Jitters who was recently adopted by David & Jessi
Congratulations to Nova who was recently adopted by Justin & Sarah
Congratulations to Smoker who was recently adopted by Dan & Erin
Congratulations to Manny who was recently adopted by John & Kathy