Why Adopt through GPA/Nashville?
Dogs adopted through GPA/Nashville have had the following services:
- Dental cleaning*
- Heartworm testing
- CBC blood panel testing for anomalies such as tick-born illness
- Nail trimming
- Current rabies and DHPPL vaccinations
- 3-9 weeks of fostering in the homes of experienced foster families**
Each dog comes with:
- 6 months of heartworm preventative
- Microchip for identification
- Star ID tag with 1-800 number call service
- Martingale collar and leash
- Racing muzzle
- At least a week's worth of dog food
- Adoption packet containing valuable resources such as coupons and publications that will help you better understand your greyhound's unique needs while also assist you in helping your dog adjust to his new life as a pet
- Support of the largest greyhound adoption community in Nashville
*Senior dogs that have been returned may not have dental cleaning done if the vet determines anesthesia is risky for the hound.
**%98 of GPA/Nashville dogs have been learning home skills in foster care for 3 weeks or more. Our 15+ years of experience in greyhound adoption has demonstrated that the dogs are best served by moving to their permanent homes when they are ready. This ensures that they form strong emotional bonds with their adoptive families rather than with foster families. However, every dog is different. Those that need more time in foster care get it.
Adopter's ExperiencesWe adopted Falconi through GPA Nashville in November of 2014. He was being fostered by Andrea Vaughn, who had been the foster for our sister's adopted greyhound, Mexico, the year before. I guess that's how we got into the Greyhound world that we are now so deeply a part of.
After contacting GPA with our application and a few phone calls, we had a date set up for our home visit. When the day came for our home visit, we were excited. Falconi came over with another hound, but it didn more...
Some Recent Adoptions
Congratulations to China who was recently adopted by Barbara & Morry
Congratulations to Riru who was recently adopted by Ann and Mike
Congratulations to Lars who was recently adopted by Carly & Keith
Congratulations to Sneezy who was recently adopted by Philip