Why Adopt through GPA/Nashville?
Dogs adopted through GPA/Nashville have had the following services:
- Dental cleaning*
- Heartworm testing
- CBC blood panel testing for anomalies such as tick-born illness
- Nail trimming
- Current rabies and DHPPL vaccinations
- 3-9 weeks of fostering in the homes of experienced foster families**
Each dog comes with:
- 6 months of heartworm preventative
- Microchip for identification
- Star ID tag with 1-800 number call service
- Martingale collar and leash
- Racing muzzle
- At least a week's worth of dog food
- Adoption packet containing valuable resources such as coupons and publications that will help you better understand your greyhound's unique needs while also assist you in helping your dog adjust to his new life as a pet
- Support of the largest greyhound adoption community in Nashville
*Senior dogs that have been returned may not have dental cleaning done if the vet determines anesthesia is risky for the hound.
**%98 of GPA/Nashville dogs have been learning home skills in foster care for 3 weeks or more. Our 15+ years of experience in greyhound adoption has demonstrated that the dogs are best served by moving to their permanent homes when they are ready. This ensures that they form strong emotional bonds with their adoptive families rather than with foster families. However, every dog is different. Those that need more time in foster care get it.
Adopter's ExperiencesI just wanted to say kudos to everyone that puts forth the effort to find homes for these adorable, majestic, and kind hounds.
GPA-N has really really showed me how much they care where these adopties end up. The process is long but well worth it. My little girl Loca is a delight. The book Retired Racing Greyhounds for dummies is a must. Greyhounds are definitely different, but it's a good different trust me. John Pepper and Erin Walker were awesome on the home visit. So please consider a h more...
Heat can kill
Temperatures in the 80s and 90s are brutal for our thin-skinned greyhounds. It's worse if your dog has a chronic illness, is out of shape or 8 and older. more...
Some Recent Adoptions
Congratulations to Pride who was recently adopted by Cheyenne
Congratulations to Poker who was recently adopted by Bill & Christine
Congratulations to PJ who was recently adopted by Pat & Bill
Congratulations to Iris who was recently adopted by Shawn & Dee